We created this giveaway to say THANK YOU to all of you out there making great content about the market, and to inspire market goers of all ages to share their creativity & voice with the wider community.
Throughout the rest of September, we’re giving away over $1500 in prizes. Tag us in your social media posts about market or submit market-inspired original artwork to enter!
Terms & Conditions…
We will try to make this a brief as possible!
The “Giveaway Period” runs September 5th-30th 2021, inclusive.
Market goers of ALL AGES are invited to enter.
GROWN UPS & YOUTH (14+) CAN WIN:
- One of thirty (30) $25 Gift Certificates for Black Dog Hospitality Group (valid at Harpers’ Burger Bar, Atomica Kitchen + Cocktails, Black Dog Tavern, and Dianne’s Fish Shack & Smokehouse)
- One of twenty-four (24) $20 Gift Certificates for The Mansion
- One of ten (10) $10 Gift Certificates for market
- Ten (10) Social Media & E-mail entries submitted within the previous seven (7) days will be randomly drawn on Sunday September 12th, 19th, 26th & October 3rd.
- The remaining winners will be randomly drawn from the total pool of entries on Sunday October 3rd.
How to enter:
- Tag us in your photo or video post about market on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter anytime during the Giveaway Period. Not sure how to tag? Ask a friend for help.
- Not a photographer? You can still enter!
- Tag us in your written testimonial about market on facebook, instagram, or twitter anytime during the Giveaway Period.
- Hate technology? You can still enter!
- We’ll accept any original artwork dropped off during market hours, during the giveaway period. No minimum or maximum.
- If you are dropping off a physical item at market...
- Please include your name, phone number, and whether or not you’d like the item returned afterwards.
- Multiple entries are welcome, but in the event a name is drawn twice, priority will be given to those who have not yet won a prize.
- Market vendors & staff are not eligible to enter.
- Market volunteers ARE eligible and encouraged to enter.
KIDS (13 and under) CAN WIN:
- One of ten (10) Prizes from Minotaur Games & Gifts
- One of ten (10) $10 Market Gift Certificates
- All prizes will be randomly drawn on Sunday October 3rd.
How to enter:
- Drop off physical artwork (or even poetry or prose!) at market on September 12th, 19th, or 26th with the following information:
- Your first name and age
- A parent or guardian’s name and phone number
- Please mention if you’d like your original work returned afterwards.
- Want some inspiration? Here are some ideas:
- Who do you like seeing at market?
- What is your favourite market food? Why?
- How do you travel to and from market? Show us!
- You meet another kid your age who has never been to market before, how would you describe it to them?
- Who is your favourite market vendor? Why?
- What does the market look like in the Spring? Summer? Fall? Winter?
- Multiple submissions are welcome, but in the event a name is drawn twice, priority will be given to those who have not yet won a prize.
- Children & young family members of market vendors, volunteers, & staff, are welcome and encouraged to enter.
THE SMALL PRINT:
Entering this giveaway confirms your agreement to the following:
- Permission is given to Memorial Centre Farmers’ Market to reproduce and use (or not use) part or all of your submitted work in future promotional materials.
- All promotional content using submitted work will be credited accordingly, and in turn made available for use globally under a Creative Commons Free Culture license.
- What does this mean? Basically, because you are freely sharing your creative work with us, if we use it, anything we create with your work also becomes available must also be used freely by other artists globally, through the online Creative Commons. Any further work created using (y)our content, must also be credited and shared freely in the same way.
- Memorial Centre Farmers’ Market may choose to remove entries that are considered to be spam, or not relevant content.
Lastly, a note to professional artists & creators:
This giveaway was created to share and celebrate the voices of casual/hobby creators, market regulars, volunteers and families of the market community in an inclusive way. We are aware that contests like these are often thinly veiled attempts to seek professional services free of charge. In lieu of being able to offer on-site arts activities at market, we came up with this as a way to engage our community in a creative way.
As a small non-profit, we strive to offer professional artist fees whenever possible. In the past, we’ve paid professional artist fees for:
- leading arts activities
- on-site signage
- music performance
- theatrical performance
If you are interested in doing paid professional creative work in support of the market, please let us know who you are and what you do! The past several years we’ve relied on word of mouth for artist referrals. A method has several obvious limitations.
To be added to our professional artist contact list, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short note about what type of services you’re interested in offering.